Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 03, 2009

Tired...

I am so tired. My arms feel like it is going to break, my lungs feel like bursting. My tennis training is just over for the weekend. We had to do so much physical training.Push ups, shuttle run, jumping ,sprinting, leg raise and many other physical training that never fails to exhaust me,especially running. We had to run from one fence to the other fence until the coach says stop. There is a shuttle run training called," Five line Suicide" Now, I know why it is called like this.We had to touch all five lines on the tennis court, each time touching a line going back to touch the fence.After doing like for 5 times, there was almost nothing left in me That was what I hate the most during training. My body is aching so badly. After the training session, I came out of the tennis court limping. This was not due to injury but the exhaustion I felt then.I was pushed to my limits. Tennis training is indeed very tough and harsh.It is not that I dislike tennis, but I wish I have a break from time to time. Furthermore, the day after was my NAPFA 2.4 km run. I knew it was going to affect my timing. I was so exhausted that day that I had trouble getting out or bed or walking down the stairs. Luckily, I did a bit of warm up or else , I may fail my NAPFA. In the end, I was did not do that bad but it wasn't good either. I was even more tired that day.

Even now in school, school life can take a lot out of you. I had to stay up to 12 to finish the piles of homework the teachers have given. This is considered lucky. Some of my friends need to stay up to 2am to complete all the assignments. It is term 2 now and everything has change. The homework increased significantly and I have been busier ever since. As Projects Day in nearing, we had to stay back on many occasions( not to mention the days of my CCA)I realised I have been running more than usual. With more responsibilities, I have been running around the school meeting teachers and handing up homework that I forgot to hand up in class. I am so busy that I became more forgetful like forgetting to bring homework and one time I left my wallet in the canteen!With all these problems, I feel mentally drained.Even on weekends we have to finish homework that never seems to end. How I wish I could have a day's break to recover from my tiredness...

In life, we all get tired. The path of life is very long and winding journey. We tend to run out of gas sometimes.Obstacles that we inevitably meet drain our energy, making us so very tired. We need a break. Having breaks is very important.Without them, we are goners. Working non-stop can actually make you lose your life. Overexerting your body will have many consequences. Some people fall sick, others lose their concentration on work and other people even had lost their lives working. We need to take time off to relax and get ample rest, that is the way to actually get work done faster. Many people think taking breaks is unnecessary as they only slow work progress. In fact, taking breaks help you complete work faster than not taking breaks at all. Not taking breaks make you tired and lethargic, you may have a mental block and cannot think properly. You may even fall asleep unknowingly and all the tome is wasted. Slogging, working tirelessly is not the smart choice. Sleeping is an important break especially at night. The recommended duration of sleep for children is 8 hours and adults for 6 hours and 5 minutes. Sleeping will make you feel rejuvenated and refresh. With a clear mind,you are able to think creatively and logically. Our lives will be much affected if we do not get sufficient sleep.In the day,when you feel sleepy and tired, take a short nap.It is named"power nap" It is very effective as it gives you a fresh mind to think.

I feel that it is a shame that I am so busy. I know that sleep and rest is very important but I still do not have time to even slow down and catch a breath. How am I supposed to make time for breaks.( I am writing this blog post because today I do not have much work to do)I really want a vacation to escape the homework and the stressful life in my country.With such a competitive society, we work to our limits to be the best which in turn tire us.Now, I long for the big break which I can never get. How I wish I could slow down and to smell the roses along the path of growing up.How I wish I was not this tired.

3 comments:

  1. Very Very impressive, Jonathan. Though, we're in secondary school, everything gets harder by the day. 5 suicides and you feel there is nothing in you anymore? Persevere, push on, strive to do better.
    Henry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i agree strongly with you! Term 2 is a very fast-paced term. For me, my afternoon naps have been reduced to almost none. With Shooting and Infocomm Club, its is really very tiring. However, never give up! 加油!
    Lawrence =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Five Line Suicide.. Funny nickname! Anyway, just push on Johnny! You are doing well in training now, even the coach says so! Keep it up,don't let this tiredness shroud your vision!
    Jong

    ReplyDelete