Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Valuables disappears! Where is the honesty...

One minute it is here , the next minute it vanishes. How could this have happened. I thought such situations never occur in school like mine.Never would I thought my valuables could have been at risk of being looted. Recently, there is a series of valuables disappearing. This is most likely due to theft. This is a very serious case happening in class. Many people are losing money ,wallet and even files. The class is not a safe place to put your valuables in. I wonder why the culprit is doing this. Is it because of financial difficulties, love the thrill of stealing or is it he cannot control his greed. Where is his honesty?

As the saying goes" Honesty is the best policy" We people should be honest.This is the only way we can get the trust of people. People like others that they can count on. Honesty is a value that should have been inculcated in us long time ago. Then why is there thefts happening in my class. Don't he know the dire consequences of his actions. He may be expelled and sent to the police station. It is a very serious offence and it should never be carried out. His future will be completely destroyed. Is it worth it to take the risk of being court for small sums of money. Definitely not. Greed is the biggest hurdle for man to overcome. It is because of greed that change people. They control you, making you make the wrong choices. For example, in the society, there are many cases of embezzlement . Why this happens? People are greedy. Greed is a horrible thing. It actually cause the downfall of man. If the culprits do not learn his mistake, he will follow in the footsteps of the greedy people and may embezzle funds from the company when he grows up. No criminal can escape the long arms of the law. He would one day be captured, then his future looks bleak... I do not understand why people steal from others. I am disappointed with the culprit's behaviour.

Not only the culprit of the devious act is at fault.The victims are the root of the problem. My classmate have the habit of not carrying their valuables when they are in the classroom or not. It is even worse when they put their wallet and mobile phones on the table, helpless to greedy hands that may swipe them away. What they are doing is very bad.They are not only risking themselves to be victims of thefts but also cause them. What they are doing is unknowingly tempting people to steal. Creating opportunities for the culprit to steal is wrong. If they had brought their valuables with them in their pockets, everything will be fine and nothing will be lost. Putting valuables in the bag is not a good idea. Some of my friends had put their valuables in their bag but when they return, they had vanished, never to be seen again. This thief is a cunning one. He even search bags for valuables. My teacher now is more than certain someone in the class is the culprit but she does not know who. This thief has swift hands, capable of steal under everyone noses. As a class chairman, I have to do something. But how are we going to stop this elusive thief. My teacher suggested that when we go for PE lessons or leave the class for another lesson, I have to collect the people that want to give their valuables for safe keeping in a bag. I will then give the bag to teacher. People are not supportive of this idea because it is troublesome as they will get their valuables back at a slow speed. They feel it is safer with them or in the bag. If we do not resort to this tactic, then what am I suppose to do to cease the numerous thefts occurring in the class.

Today, the school have installed a surveillance camera in our class. The school have been aware of this case and have taken action. It is very saddening to see the school resorting to this last-resort that cost much money. It is placed in our class to deter the culprit from repeating his act. This showed that the culprit have no self-control of himself. He does not know how to admit his mistake and turn over a new leaf like a real gentlemen would. He does not know when to stop. Seeing the school resort to this, it has become a very serious case since the school used money in a last attempt to stop the thief. If the thief still continues, then nobody can help him when he is caught. I just hope he still have a conscience to spare a thought for not only his classmates but also himself. I may not understand his reason for stealing, but I hope he will put a stop to stealing and confess to the teacher. It takes a person with great courage to admit his mistake, like my teacher once said" If you have the guts to do it, you must have the guts to admit it" If he is willing to turn over a new leaf, I know the teacher would forgive him.

1 comment:

  1. Well, this is really cause for concern. For me, I lost my bag during Chinese New Year celebrations and my wallet was inside! I panicked and thought that I was in hot soup. Fortunately, the bag was found in the staff room. From then on, I always have my wallet and handphone in my pockets at ALL times, including PE lessons.

    Well, I feel that having a surveillance camera in a class is too far. I mean, will the class borne the fees of the camera? Furthermore, the class will feel like it has no privacy...and you'll feel very uncomfortable in the presence of the CCTV. Maybe there could be other solutions? If everyone could play their own part by taking GOOD care of their own belongings, then the school would not have to resort to these measures.

    ReplyDelete