Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Knocked out




Even though the event have passed like two weeks ago, it is only now that I start to write about it. After that event, I do not know why but I feel more determined than ever. That feeling inside me is difficult to describe. I don't know why I feel this way but I know I want to train, to become better...

A few weeks ago, it was a very sad day that day. My school's tennis team was knocked out.I was one of the team members though I did not play. The team was unable to advanced to the nationals.The team that stood in our way was ACSI( Anglo-Chinese School(independent))Their team was too strong. Even their reserves could be seed-players. Their team seem unbeatable. Our team needed one more win to advanced to the nationals. However, our dreams were short-lived. The opponent was just too good. No matter how we play, we just cannot beat them. Failure was inevitable. We were utterly trashed 4-1. Luckily we manage to savage one point we had to win by 9-8. It was a difficult match but at least bringing back some dignity to my school. The opponent for that game was a boy much shorter than my teammate, but he was very good. He was a reserve yet he could almost beat us for that point. Our team seemed weak compared to their team. Seeing my seniors being thrashed 9-1 or 9-2, I was very disappointed. Yet... I was determined. I want to train harder. I wanted to become better.I do not want to lose, I want to win.This failure have motivated me.

Failure in life is inevitable. In life there is always a person better than you.When you meet with a failure, do not be discouraged. Everyone fails from time to time. Failure is the mother of all success. It is because of failure that push people to their limits and out of their comfort zone to strive to become better.You will never succeed if you feel discourage and give up hope. To fail is human. But if you are able to learn from failure and persist, success will be within reach.Many people are not able reach their objective because they lack determination. When they fail, they feel that all hope is lost and success can never be reach. That is their mentality.The people that had succeeded had tried umpteen times before they actually succeed. They do not give up after they fail once. Like Alexander Bell, the creator of the telephone, he had to experiment thousands of times to get the result which is the modern day telephone. It took many years to succeed. He met with failure like thousands of times, yet he did not give up.He learned from each failure and improve on the telephone. A failure is not just a failure.He felt that a failure is a way not to do something and he gained from it Why was he able to succeed? Because he was determined. Without failure, people will not be able to learn from them and succeed, bringing the progress of the earth to stop.

Though my team and I failed this time, I know we can win the next time. We must learn from our failure and persist towards our goals. It is because of failure that bring out the determination in us making us succeed. Now, I am training very hard to improve on my skills. I am pushing my self to the limit because I know I can become as good as the other team. Now I am anxiously waiting for the competition next year. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. The path of failure is inevitable. Winning consecutively does not mean that you are good. Standing back up again means that you are good. Many people are discouraged after failure. However, failure can be motivation too. I like your optimism. You are not deterred when the tennis team was thrashed. Instead, you are motivated by this failure.
    I also like your perseverance and determination. You are driven by determination and the aspect of triumph. It is always good to have goals and motivation. And, last but not least, I wish you good luck.

    ReplyDelete