Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 27, 2009

Tick Tock Tick Tock...

This blog entry was inspired by one of my friends

Weather: Normal
Mood: Sad

Time is a wonderful yet horrible thing. I am sure you have heard of the phase, time and tide waits for no man. How I wish it was not true.

Time was something I had taken for granted for many years.Time has fly so fast that I can't adapt to the all so big changes to my life. Leaving my primary school life behind, a new chapter of my life starts to unfold.It is going to a secondary school, the part of my life that I dread the most. Before, I became a secondary student, I thought time will always be there for me, waiting patiently to be use. It soon dawned on me that it was not so. However, now time is not in my control. It continues to tick away, bit by bit, soon it will be gone. Now, it is a relentless struggle with time. I trying my best to cope with all the assignments that pour relentlessly on me, the homework that drown me and the CCA that left me lying on the floor, panting, with tiredness searing through my body. There was many tests that I had to prepare, which I feared of failing. Failing was not an option and never will be. Having to study to the wee hours of the night, Tiredness, without fail, would overwhelm me the following day. Have the teacher no mercy? I dread everyday, as I had lost hope of the teachers lightening our loads. Every single day is a race against time, which I always lose. How I wish I had more time, more time finish my work.

As I looked back on my childhood that time had cruelly taken away, I realised that my childhood was the happiest. How I wish I could turn back time and tide to the time I was in Kinder garden. How I wish I could relive the happy memories of my ever so carefree life. It is very funny, when we live in the present, we feel that time has tick so slowly, feeling that time moves so slow, but as we look back on our past, it is only then that we realised time has flew so quickly. I had never cherished time with was abundant then, it is only now, when time has passed, that I regret the days I took time for granted. As time passes, the longing for a second childhood grew within me. But, time is irreversible. I had my chance but I did not cherish it. I only have my self to blame. It is only now,too late that I realise the importance of time.

Time is not all bad. Time allows us to exist. Without it, we will be wiped off the face of the Earth. time has given us the opportunity to live our life to the fullest. I allows us to experience feelings and do things that one desired.

Time, time, time, how I wish time could be altered so I could return to my , happy and carefree life. At the present moment, It cannot be done. I will be hoping in wait of a new machine which could fulfill my long desired wishes. For now, the happy times of my childhood will remain as memories deeply etched into my mind forever.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Jonathan,

    Excuse me? And who was the one who said me writing on time was 'chim'? Hm? And now what do we have here? Sometimes, you never know what goes on in Jonathan's mind...

    Anyway, I agree. Time may not be all bad. As you said, if time were to suddenly collapse, we would seize to exist as well.

    Yours sincerely,
    Justin
    A.K.A. J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Justin,
    I am sorry if I have offended you in anyway but I feel that your post was very inspiring. I just wanted to express my view too. Maybe next time I should just comment on your blog entry and not do one myself if it pleases you. Once again, I sincrely apologise if I had offended you.

    Your friend,
    Jonathan Koh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jonathan,

    I agree, time indeed could be a horrible thing. It can turn us from people with organised lifestyles to people whose life is totllay hectic. And amongst this talk on time, the clock is ticking, once again being merciless. Childhood and youth would definitely pass by all to fast for us. But if we can grasp every opportunity tightly, we would make the most of our time. And of course, good luck to your six years ahead.

    Jong Xuan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jonathan,

    I agree with your thinking. Time is like a double-edged sword, it can be either good or bad. But whether time is more of a good or bad, it all depends on how you use it. Don't dwell on the past too much. But, of course, it is always fun and meaningful to look back and reflect on your past. What's done is done. Time can never be reversed. So, what I want to say is, enjoy your life while you can. Don't let time be a barrier to you. Overcome it!

    Bryan

    ReplyDelete