Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

I blew it

Recently, I got very worked up over a misunderstanding. It was very trivial matter but I certainly did not think so at that time. It was something that made me very angry. However, after I had cooled down, I reflected on my behaviour and felt I was being unreasonable. This matter had actually weaken friendship. It is something I am not proud of and all these unnecessary conflicts should and could be avoided if I remained calm. Now, I am regretting my actions and felt rather guilty about it. I certainly blew it this time.

A few days ago, my friend wrote something about me concerning my flaws. When I had read it, I felt " betrayed" in a sense and got very angry. I could not accept the fact other was criticising my shortcomings.He actually did not disclosed my name but I knew it was me. Yet,pride inside me forced me to do something that portrayed me as a petty fool. In a fit of rage, I sent an sms to rebut and scold him.I think I wrote some hurtful remarks at him and wrote it in an offensive manner. I wonder if my friend got insulted.I am ashamed of myself,for what I had done. It not only leave a bad impression of me, also and more importantly, I weaken my friendship with him.

After, cooling done, I did some reflecting. It was very stupid of me to scold my friend for writing about me. What he did was to write what he felt and that was all. He did not deliberately intend to spite and or my patience.I should be thankful that people point out my shortcomings. It is only by knowing your flaws, then you can work and improve on oneself. Yet, I just had to rebut my friend. Why did I do that? What could I gain from it. It was I who was unreasonable. It was my pride and anger that caused this hold ordeal. Anger had clouded my thoughts and provoked the side of me I never knew.I had not thought through thoroughly before acting.My words could have hurt his feelings and my actions could have hurt our friendship. I am utterly disappointed at myself. Now, I do not really dare to face him. He may seemed not disturbed by the matter but I know he had be affected in one way or another. I just HAD to spout hurtful remarks at him. Sigh...

In our daily life, we will come across matters that infuriate us. It just make our blood boils. We always like our anger get the better of us. This result in unnecessary conflicts that we do not benefit from them at all. It cause hassle that could affect us physically or emotionally. All these can be avoided if we just kept calm. With a clear mind, it is natural that you can solve the problem with ease. Anger can affect our judgement in all areas. We are clouded with angry thoughts resulting in prejudice or hurling hurtful remarks. One must know how to control his anger so he can make the right decision. It is because of anger that made us do things that we regret. After the ordeal have passed, if you sit and reflect, you will think " Why did I do this? Why didn't I just do this?" So we must take things with a calm mind to decide and act accordingly. This time I have made the wrong decision but I am willing to change. Next time, when I meet with conflicts, I will not act rashly anymore. Sorry, friend for my childish and foolish act. I apologise if I had insulted you in any way.

2 comments:

  1. So was what your friend said true; that you are a "petty fool"?

    It is natural for humans to be infuriated by an insulting comment. It is also natural for humans to point out others' mistakes and shortcomings. It is natural to retaliate when provoked too. however, after all these are over, it is your understanding and willingness to change that is important. You have to understand that your friend was only trying to help you to improve. then, you have to step forward to repair that damaged relationship.

    But if your friend is spreading false rumors about you, I feel that you HAVE THE RIGHT to scold him. In fact, he does not deserve to be called a friend. At such times, it is called righteous anger. You have to stand up for yourself to stop the circulation of the rumors.

    That is my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jonathan,

    Well, I can 'seemingly' understand what is going on here...

    Anyway, it's no use crying over spilt milk. What's over is over. I'm sure that the person has no ill-intentions and purely just wants you to improve. Well, you have made a brave step by apologising to him publicly, and I'm sure that he'll accept your heartfelt apology with graciousness. No one is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. So don't be too hard on yourself and just let this matter pass. Of course, do think before you do next time, especially if it may affect another person or freindship!

    Best regards,
    Derrick

    ReplyDelete