Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 26, 2010

Changes to my Blog

Another year has passed and my blog grew another year older. Now it is time for the new to replace the old. However, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all who have frequently commented and supported my blog. Without all these comments, I would not be able to make my blog successful. So I thank you. I remember the good old times of my blog, the first year of blogging, was a very eventful year of blogging with 39 posts. I liked to blog as it gave me time to think and escape from homework and other stuff like that. I will take few seconds to commemorate my old blog.

Okay, this year there are quite a number of changes on my blog. I will try to be as unique as possible except few other blogs that gave me the inspiration to add certain blog gadgets to spice up my blog. So here are the changes.

1. A New Blog Skin
I have come too realised that the old default blog skin was actually very boring. It was a plain old page of a sheet of brown paper. To have more viewers, I think that an attractive blog skin is needed. A boring default skin template will only turn future followers or viewers away. I have looked for this blog skin for about an hour before I decided to choose this blog skin. The theme for the blog is to RELAX! I am sure the seaside view is more relaxing to see then the serious and dull brown sheet of paper. The colours of the sea, sunset and the shadows of coconut trees complement each other well. Also, the colour theme of my blog is blue, which is my favourite colour. So I have tried to find blog gadgets that are blue in colour.

2. Slogan
This year there is a slogan to my blog. It is "To Stand out like a Sore Thumb" This slogan is found under my blog's name. My purpose of this slogan is not to say blog is weird but attempting to bring across the message that my blog is unique. Well, at least I am trying to be. I have played with the title of my blog to derive this slogan.

3. Visitor counter
I have put up a gadget that counts the number of visitors of my blog. I want to see how many people have visited my blog so maybe I can improve the blog more. So please do not spam refresh buttons as it only gives my false hope that my blog will become successful. However, seeing a high number of visitors gives me a sense of satisfaction and motivation to carry on with this blog. So please visit more.

4. Navigation Buttons
I have six navigation bars near the top of my blog. They are on every page of the blog. I realised that when I visited other people's blog, every time when I go into a new page, I have to click back many times to return to the first page. So for your convenience, I have put up a home button so it would be easier to retune to the Home page of my blog. If you want to see only my posts or only my comments, please click “Posts" and "Comments" respectively. Also, there are two different links to other blogs on the navigation bar. These are the few blogs that are great no only in their posts but also their in gadgets and features that would entertain you. You can cist their blog too, as it will make them very happy.

5. Followers
This is actually not a change to my blog that I can control. It is you, fellow readers of my blog that has the power to change my blog for the better. Hope that there are more followers to my blog. That is my goal.14 followers is not enough for my mission. So please follow my blog.

6 Relaxations
Since my theme of my blog is relaxation. I believe that I should have some gadget that make people feel more relax after reading my tense and serious blog posts. This is what I have done. There are two gadgets that I have added. One is that there are penguins that will follow your mouse. You can pick them up or put them down too. This gadget was recommended by a friend. I also found another gadget which shows you a hamster. This hamster is like your petit eats, drinks and exercise on the wheel. Seeing it walk around in its cage, following where you drop your food is quite addictive and fun.

7. Riddles!
This section is found at the bottom of my blog. I have never been a joker so I cannot make you laugh and that is why many readers feel my blog has no entertainment value. This year, I still cannot make you laugh. I am quite sad about it. However, if I cannot make you, readers, laugh, I can make you think. The riddles gadget at the bottom has many different riddles that will not make you feel bored. There is answers to every riddle so you can see them if you are at your wits end. I hope this column can make amends for my unfunny nature.

8. Response buttons
Other than comments, there are buttons which you can click to send how you feel about the post. They are found near the comment button. It is easy and quick to do so readers need not spend time to comment if they have no time. However, please comment more because this still motivate me to do more posts so please comment if you have the time. Another blog which belongs to my friend inspired me to take up this new feature. I hope that my readership and comments would increase but if you seriously have no time to spare, at least you can click these buttons.

I have ended my changes at number 8, which is a lucky number. I hope that a new year would bring new followers and bring more and more visitors to my blog. However, no matter how I change my blog, I cannot make the blog anymore different. Only the readers have the power to change (my blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment