Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year

Hi all,
I would like to wish the people of the world a Happy Chinese New Year .l If you look at the date, this blog is about four days late. Sorry about that, I was too caught up with the holiday spirit. You want to know how I spent my Chinese New Year. Well, I bet only a handful will spend the holidays like me. I went to Malaysia. This is not just a one time thing. Every Year, I go back to Malaysia to visit my grandmother. Yup, I am half Malaysia. You would not have guessed this, right? This year, my grandmother prepared a spread of sweeties. ( I do not know why she did it this year) Some of them looked and smelt weird, so I did not even dare to touch them. Guess what is my favourite Chinese New Year snack? You want to know? Yes, no maybe? Love Letters? Nope. Pineapple tarts? Yuck! It is none other than Kueh balu. I am sure some of you do not know what that is. It is actually a bit round, made of flour and egg. Weird, isn't it. I do not know why but I like things that are plain and made of flour like waffles. Ahh, nice waffles. Ok, I have already told you what kind of snacks I eat. Now it is your turn. Please comment on what you like to eat during Chinese New year so that we can try out the snacks next year.

1 comment:

  1. Jonathan,

    In fear of a sore throat, I usually stay away from these food. If I had to choose, though, I would most certainly pick the tiny spring rolls filled with 'hay bee hiam'.

    And, your post could use a spellcheck you know! If our primary school teacher sees this, you are finished.

    Yours Sincerely,
    Justin

    ReplyDelete