Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Why I twirl my pen?


Hmm, my friend had asked this question recently and I am not too sure why. In school, during class, assembly or any other activities, I am usually seen twirling my pen. My friends had always raised their eyebrows at this mystery on why I bring my pens everywhere. I have heard that they sometimes speculate on the reason for my actions and joke about it. I am not too clear about the reason but I will explore it through this blog post.

My pen twirling is quite different from the others. The conventional ones are those who twirl their pen in one hand. They use only one pen. Though I too know how to do that way, I have come out with my other ways to play with pens. You know at the end of every pen,, there is usually a plastic clip or paper holder or something like that. I join multiple pens together, twisting and rolling it on my side of the finger. I have made one “design" that consists of 4 pens, anymore and it would be dumb. I made another one with a pen and a highlighter. You know the highlighter has a cap. If you clip the pen onto the cap of the highlighter and loosen the cap on the highlighter, you can create a spinning pen toy. It is actually quite fun.

On to why I bring a pen along everywhere is because I do not want to miss out on anything. A pen in the pocket will come in handy in taking down notes or write short little reminders to you. A paper without a pen is useless as the most important thing it to take down notes. When the teacher wants you to take down something important or anything that we need to take note and I do not have a pen, I would feel....frustrated.

Another reason for that is to, well, twirl my pen. I am fascinated at how the pen spins or twirl till spinning the pen becomes a habit. Since it is a habit, I soon invent or create new ways of playing with pens as the others will become boring. This helps me especially when I am trying to get through a very boring class or it could help me to de-stress. My friend says I am a very physics person since I am intrigue by motion. Whatever the reason, to me spinning a pen is fun. This is how you find joy.

There are some things you do them not because there is a proper reason. You just do it because it is a habit or mainly for fun. Twirling my pen makes me happy and feel relax so I do not try to question why I do it. There are always little things in life that makes you happy so let them put a smile on your face.
No matter how insignificant or silly it may be, if some little thing makes you happy, do it.

P.S :Inspired by Martin Chen
http://i-suppose-you-blog-at.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment