Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Merchant of Venice

Wow,I haven't written a blog post in ages... Okay, sorry about that.I guess I got caught up in the holiday spirit.Though that is not really a good excuse but it will have to do.

Our Language Arts teacher had made it compulsory to read up a book,the Merchant of Venice,much to the dismay to my classmates.It is actually a play not a book but the publisher compiled all the scenes,the summary,the glossary etc into one convenient book.You may be thinking reading the book will be a snap. Well,no,it is not that simple.The play was written by William Shakespeare during the 16th century in England. Yes,it is written in Ancient English.I do not call it "Old English".If not for the glossary at the side of each page,I would not understand 3 quarters of the book.The first time I picked up the book, I got so put off that after reading the first page and not understanding a word of it,I put down the book and walked away.It is that hard.I wonder how is this going to be a Secondary 2 Literature book?

So I soon got on will my Secondary 2 life and in a few days,I read finish the book.It was an accomplishment I must say.Our teacher had requested us to do a mind map on the plot of the story and put it on the blog.I was stumped.Do a plot on a mind-map.How am I suppose to do that.Wouldn't it be easier writing the summary of the plot on the blog itself.Did she meant otherwise?Sadly,she did not really be specific and I guess I follow my own interpretation of the instructions.I just write the plot summary and everything I know about the book onto the mind-map.I believe I won't go so far of from there.

Here it is!











I have to do another mind-map soon on war and the effects of it on soldiers and civilians.Sigh,another mind-map.I rather do it straight on the blog.This blog post is much shorter than the usual terribly long one so I shall end it of with...Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment